Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, October 10, 2011

Say What You Will About Occupy Dallas. But I Find It Inspiring. That's Right. You Heard Me.

I walked for a while yesterday with those Occupy Dallas people. I don't care what anybody says. They're cool. You know why? Because they're awake.

People were all over the map about their specific issues. Some of them talked to me about Timothy Geithner and President Obama's failure to put bankers in jail. Some talked to me about oxyhydrogen ("I can run my car on nothing but water") and antineoplaston ("Way more effective than chemotherapy").

I'm not sure everybody's specific personal agenda is the important thing. What's more important is the awakening itself -- the bond of marching, the fusion of individuals into a mighty force. And don't get me wrong. There was real focus. The mantra of "We Are The 99" is a powerful battle cry, and people out there knew exactly what they meant by it.

read on