Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Personal account from Occupy Dallas camp: “Now, I get it” from Pegasus News

— An astute and intuitive friend, Justin Nygren, teased me with the prospect of personally visiting the Occupy Dallas encampment in order to perhaps get to some truth about it all. Presumably, this was to either verify or cut through some of the clearly dubious, de-personalized, media-hyped rhetoric these folks were being branded with. Putting real faces with real names on a situation like this could be enlightening. So I spent a few days talking with people at Occupy Dallas.
However, I still remained conflicted. My heart identified with the real life stories unfolding and the tangled frustrations people have when they feel they been marginalized to the point of having almost no control regarding some powerfully negative factors which are shaping their lives. However, my head insists on taking the more logical approach to it all, attempting to evaluate the reasoning, purpose, and net effect of this well-intentioned, yet outwardly confusing group.

read on